Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought a watch and we cant figure out how to switch it over to my apple idi

I bought an gen 1Apple Watch and we can’t figure out how to switch it from him to me I’m running iOS 11.2 please help

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 3:46 AM

Hi

The previous owner should have unpaired the Apple Watch, including removing Activation Lock from it, before selling their device.

If they have not yet done so, then ask the previous owner to follow the instructions here in order to prepare the watch for you to set up as your own, under your own Apple ID:

You will then be able to set up the Apple Watch as your own device by following the instructions here (be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS first):

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you cannot arrange for the previous owner to do this, then you should, if possible, return the Apple Watch for a refund.

If Activation Lock is enabled, you will not otherwise be able to use the Apple Watch. There is no way around this security feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 3:46 AM in response to Davem513

Hi

The previous owner should have unpaired the Apple Watch, including removing Activation Lock from it, before selling their device.

If they have not yet done so, then ask the previous owner to follow the instructions here in order to prepare the watch for you to set up as your own, under your own Apple ID:

You will then be able to set up the Apple Watch as your own device by following the instructions here (be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS first):

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you cannot arrange for the previous owner to do this, then you should, if possible, return the Apple Watch for a refund.

If Activation Lock is enabled, you will not otherwise be able to use the Apple Watch. There is no way around this security feature.

bought a watch and we cant figure out how to switch it over to my apple idi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.