Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes struggling to work in windows 10 asking for old passwords

Problem 1: I recently switched from mac to PC and downloaded iTunes. I transferred all my music to iTunes, which now shows THREE COPIES of every song.

Problem 2: Whenever I try to play certain older iTunes purchased songs it asks for the old Apple I.D. and password to authorize this computer to play the song. I don't know the old password anymore (9-15 years old), and the new I.D. and password will supposedly allow my computer authorization (I get the message that 3 out of 5 computers have authorization), but I still can't play the songs - I just get the old Apple I.D. and password prompt window again. In iTunes I have "authorized this computer" in settings. When I try to guess my old password, I then get "this apple I.D. has been blocked for security reasons".

Thanks,

Rick

Windows 10, null

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 10:24 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2017 5:17 PM in response to Community User

Hi ebrittagorium,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you have duplicate songs in iTunes. You have also forgotten the password to an old Apple ID and it is now blocked for security reasons. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library
If your Apple ID is locked or disabled
If you forgot your Apple ID password
Cheers.

itunes struggling to work in windows 10 asking for old passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.