Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can air drop from my ipad pro to my iphone 6, but my iphone 6 does not see my ipad pro to air drop to it. All settings are the same. HELP?

I can air drop from my ipad pro to my iphone 6, but my iphone 6 does not see my ipad pro to air drop to it. All settings are the same. HELP?

iOS 5

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 8:47 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 1:12 PM in response to robertfromboulder city

Hello Robert,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble using Airdrop, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the excerpt from the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps.

Use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can’t see the other device in AirDrop

If you can't see the person or the device that you're trying to AirDrop to, check the following:

• Check that both of you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Make sure that the person you're sending to is nearby. You can't AirDrop to users who are out of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
  • If the other person’s AirDrop receiving setting is set to Contacts Only, and you’re not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone.
If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.