Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air is dead after High sierra update

After I updated my Macbook Air 13" early 2015 to High Sierra, everything seemed to work fine. But after the Macbook went to sleep, it never came back. It was dead. Only charging worked. After the usual debugging with Apple customer care, it didn't come back. I submitted it to the Service center and they fixed it by replacing RAM IC. Again it worked fine. Once I got it back to home and using it for a few hours, it went to sleep since it was idle for some time. It is dead again.

Has anyone faced this issue here? Is there any way to fix this issue permaenently? Is rolling back to Sierra the only solution? At this point, I am not even sure if that will be a permanent solution.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:57 PM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2017 1:45 AM in response to vasanthps

Can you start up while holding the CMD+R keys?

If yes: after full start in the Recovery Partition (a very slow start up), select DiskUtility from the menu, select your boot partition Startdisk, then select the FirstAid Button, and let it run, it should end with "appears to be OK" (if different, do it again); after it ends with OK, quit DiskUtility, then select (re)Install macOS from the menu: this downloads the complete macOS (as you have it on your mac), then installs it and restart after the install (it will let not touch your user data), this will take some time.

Macbook air is dead after High sierra update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.