Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I buy the 7 plus or the 8 plus ?

I'm really tight on cash for the hollidays and trying to upgrade my girlfriends 16 gb 6 she has had for 3 years (same exact phone ) I dont really want to be on the line for a 900 $ phone thru Verizon Unless its substantially better and worth the extra money ? Has anyone had the 7 plus and gone on to the 8 plus ? I think the 7 plus is a big upgrade from her 16gb iPhone 6 and was set on the 7 plus but then she mentioned the iPhone x .. which with my twin daughters and the hollidays I just don't have that money . I want her to be content with her phone especially because she takes care of it and makes them last , is into photography (that's why I want the dual camera.. whatever that means ) and don't want to have to upgrade it for a while . I would love to get away with the iPhone 7 plus but need to know it's still a close second to the 8 plus ??. Help ? Looking to move forward asap .

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:21 PM

12 replies

Dec 17, 2017 10:10 PM in response to sberman

I would never choose the 32GB version. I go (insert word here) out and get the maximum possible. Even 64GB was too small. I mean I came over from an Android phone that was dual SIM and had the microSD card slot. Getting used to not having all that was quick and easy. To replace my 200GB microSD card, I bought storage on iCloud equal to that amount and I have a Sandisk WiFi stick with that amount.

I have a 128GB version of the 6S Plus, and believe me, could not have been happier.

One other thing with doing that, is that you won't run into space issues. Archiving photos off the camera roll (separate process within iCloud storage if you have the space), is super easy, now that you can upload multiple pics.

As for space, I would not say 10%. I would say 15-20% depending on how much empty free space you have. Empty in this case refers to the iPhone with nothing on it. Before you load apps.

Do I buy the 7 plus or the 8 plus ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.