Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching over a watch from someone’s Id to mine

I bought an Apple Watch series 1 from someone. They factory reset it thinking that was all they had to do. I called him to remove it from his account and he erased it from the actual “find my iPhone app so I tried to pair again and it said This Apple Watch was lost and erased. So we tried putting in his password but it was the wrong one. Then did the iCloud thing but the watch wasn’t on there. Help

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 3:24 AM

Hi

Activation Lock prevents unauthorised use of Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen. If the previous owner has already followed the steps here to remove Activation Lock:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

But you are being advised by the Watch app that the Apple Watch is still locked by Activation Lock, then it may help if you, as the new owner, try these steps:

Try again to set up the watch:

If the Apple Watch remains locked, then ask the previous owner to either accompany you and the watch to a Genius Bar appointment, taking along their original proof of purchase for the watch or ask them to contact Apple Support and seek assistance with removing Activation Lock:

If they are not able or willing to do so, then I suggest that you return the Apple Watch for a refund, as you will not otherwise be able to use the watch. There is no way around this security feature.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 3:24 AM in response to Davem513

Hi

Activation Lock prevents unauthorised use of Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen. If the previous owner has already followed the steps here to remove Activation Lock:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

But you are being advised by the Watch app that the Apple Watch is still locked by Activation Lock, then it may help if you, as the new owner, try these steps:

Try again to set up the watch:

If the Apple Watch remains locked, then ask the previous owner to either accompany you and the watch to a Genius Bar appointment, taking along their original proof of purchase for the watch or ask them to contact Apple Support and seek assistance with removing Activation Lock:

If they are not able or willing to do so, then I suggest that you return the Apple Watch for a refund, as you will not otherwise be able to use the watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Switching over a watch from someone’s Id to mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.