Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question for Advanced User! Rebuilding Directory

Hi there,

I am running into few minor issues with my SSD and it is time, I think to rebuild the directory! I have tried different options but failed miserably! an it is not the first time, though...

Usually I am using DiskWarrior 5.0 and I have updated it to 5.1, but I have tried last time before updating to macOS High Sierra and there was an issue when rebooting with DiskWarrior Recovery Maker 1.1 and rebuilding of directory fails constantly!

Does anyone know a way around it or another DiskWarrior App that can be trusted to rebuild to directory?

Thanks a bunch!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS10.13.3 Beta / SSD-i7-2.9GHz-16GB

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 1:30 AM

I think you should have an APFS file system on 10.13 with an SSD so have seen the Disk Warrior notes for High Sierra? Is the disk formatted as 'Mac OS Extended' or APFS?

https://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/highsierraapfs.html (also see the note about dealing with the hurricane)

I'd consider contacting them if the app has error codes or a clear message, they may be able to say explain what any codes relate to.

If Disk Warrior is failing have you considered that the storage may be faulty or failing too?

SSD's & disks can fail. If you have a backup I'd consider erasing the disk & then restore the data to it. Depending on the model of Mac you can also consider replacing the SSD.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 1:30 AM in response to xmetienne

I think you should have an APFS file system on 10.13 with an SSD so have seen the Disk Warrior notes for High Sierra? Is the disk formatted as 'Mac OS Extended' or APFS?

https://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/highsierraapfs.html (also see the note about dealing with the hurricane)

I'd consider contacting them if the app has error codes or a clear message, they may be able to say explain what any codes relate to.

If Disk Warrior is failing have you considered that the storage may be faulty or failing too?

SSD's & disks can fail. If you have a backup I'd consider erasing the disk & then restore the data to it. Depending on the model of Mac you can also consider replacing the SSD.

Dec 18, 2017 2:07 AM in response to Drew Reece

Hi Drew,

Good point, didn't think of that... Nope forget about the errors, I have AFPS and not MacOS extended... Now I understand the reason why 😊

Well then I need to wait until Apple release the final AFPS notes to Alosoft soon and these guys come up with DiskWarrior Recovery Maker 1.2...

Model... euh... 😕 it's kind of... now not the same breed as it was when first bought it... How could I say, its engine has been slightly boosted... It is now an Apple MBP 13 inch mid-2012, with an i7, 2.9 GHz, 16 GB RAM running 1 HD 750 GB on 0 as BootCamp and SSD 1TB in secondary running with macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 😝

Time Capsule is always running I could do a format and restore, but time consuming and it is not necessarily needed at the moment... I could say that I feel it is time to rebuild the directory (used to do so for maintenance purposes once on a blue moon), but since a week or two I can feel a few glitches here and there... Initially I was thinking it was coming from 10.13.1 but it seems have stabilized a bit with 10.13.2 and the beta one... It reminds me previous experiences which were resolved by rebuilding the directory...

Anyway, thanks for your precious help... I would have not thought about it...

Season's greetings 😎

Question for Advanced User! Rebuilding Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.