Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud bookmarks doesn't sync with my Firefox on Windows

Hi, I have iPhone 5S and want to sync My safari bookmarks with Firefox on my PC (Windows 10). I use Firefox 57. Everything is setup correctly (I followed this page: Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support), but it simply doesn't sync the bookmarks. When I check Firefox browser console I can see:

stderr output from native app com.apple.bookmarks: stat: [called from CSChunkStore.c:343]: bad path: path = 'C:\Users\sdrzka\AppData\Local\Apple Inc\CloudKit\FirefoxBookmarks\MMCS'

stderr output from native app com.apple.bookmarks: mkdir: [called from CSChunkStore.c:353]: bad path: path = 'C:\Users\sdrzka\AppData\Local\Apple Inc\CloudKit\FirefoxBookmarks\MMCS/.cs'

Received[object Object] background.js:262

Cmd: 50 background.js:264

iCP state changed: 2, true background.js:240

asking browser for bookmark tree ... background.js:215

sending tree to app ... background.js:219

tree sent to app. background.js:230

I tried to reinstall and setup iCloud for Windows and Firefox for many times but still not able to get it working. Any advices? Any ideas? How I can troubleshoot this? Should I have some special folder for bookmarks or something like this?

Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 1:39 AM

9 replies

Jan 6, 2018 3:32 PM in response to stepand76

Hi,

I have a solution that worked for me. I will explain below if you're interested but the summary is I updated my iPad to the latest version of iOS. I'm not a technician so it might be a bit long winded but you may be interested in the explanation. I have been struggling with this issue for the last few days. Just bought a new laptop and wanted to synchronise with my apple device bookmarks.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the software (iCloud, the browsers and the plug-ins) but nothing worked. I called Apple support who tried to help but they didn't have a solution.

I observed that of all of the features of iCloud for Windows were working except bookmarks, my emails reminders and the drive were all synchronising fine. I have an iPad and an iPhone. So thought that perhaps its my devices not communicating with iCloud for Windows. I try to avoid updating my software if I don't have to but I thought I would try it to give it a go.

My iPhone is version 10.3.2 and my iPad was also this version. I updated the iPad software and hey presto it worked. My bookmarks were synchronising the next time I turned on my laptop. I've since checked and double checked, all bookmarks added or taken away are instantly updated on all devices, despite the iPhone still being a previous version.

So try and update one or more of your devices to the latest version. Hope this helps.

Feb 16, 2018 1:40 PM in response to nap0213

Sorry to hear that .....

If I were you, I would try the following if you have not done already:

1) Backup your system with imaging software so you can restore later, if needed

2) Completely remove Firefox

3) Search for and delete all Mozilla folders from your "C" Drive

4) Completely remove iCloud for Windows

5) Reboot

6) Install Firefox latest version

7) Install and configure iCloud for Windows (including required restart)

8) Configure iCloud after restart

9) Test Bookmarks

I performed this test on a copy of Windows 7 that did not previously have Firefox or iCloud installed and it worked. After that I just removed and reinstalled iCloud on my main system and that corrected the issue. Hope this helps !

iCloud bookmarks doesn't sync with my Firefox on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.