Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air keyboard doesn't work

I have a MacBook Air from 2014 (1,8 GHz Intel Core i7 processor) . Suddenly, one year ago the keyboard started to do something strange. The row of letters q-p didn't work sometimes but all the other letters worked properly. First I noticed that holding down a bit more strong the keys q-p I could type but now it doesn't work at all.

Now I have to type with a wireless keyboard because I haven't found the solution yet. Sometimes all the keyboard works but only 5 or 10 minutes and then the row of letters q-p stops working. Does anyone have had this problem? Is there a way to reset the keyboard or something like this? Is really expensive to fix a problem like this in an Apple Store?

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2017 8:05 AM

Re-set the SMC per the instructions here ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 Always assuming, of course, that the keyboard has not been exposed to moisture of any kind.

2 replies

MacBook Air keyboard doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.