Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud save photos onto every device?

I currently own an iPhone 6S and backup all my photos I take into the cloud.

User uploaded file

The above pic shows the iCloud setting I have selected.

I have just purchased a 32GB iPad for light use when I am travelling. I want the photos to be accessible from my iPad on the cloud but not to all be downloaded onto my iPad because it is only a 32GB iPad.

Also, I am looking for a new iPhone and want to be able to get all the pics from the cloud (that are currently saved onto my current iPhone) directly downloaded onto my new iPhone upon set-up as this will be a 128GB iPhone.

How can I get both the above to work for me?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 3:15 AM

Choose "Optimise iPad Storage" on the same menu in your iPad. It will only store thumbnails of the photos.

As for a second iPhone, as long as you use the same Apple ID and they are both signed into iCloud and you have Photos set to sync they will download to your new iPhone. Keep the "Download and Keep Originals" ticked on the new iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 3:15 AM in response to Basher9123

Choose "Optimise iPad Storage" on the same menu in your iPad. It will only store thumbnails of the photos.

As for a second iPhone, as long as you use the same Apple ID and they are both signed into iCloud and you have Photos set to sync they will download to your new iPhone. Keep the "Download and Keep Originals" ticked on the new iPhone.

Does iCloud save photos onto every device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.