Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id password reset

Hi!

I forgot my apple id password, and have been trying to reset it ever since. It started in September, and I still could not reset my password. Since then the account was locked, for security reasons. I started the recovery process 4 times since then, and waited for support to contact me via the trusted phone number, or e-mail, or a message. They never contacted me, so nothing happened. Then I called the local support here in Hungary, they told me that this is an automatic process, they can't do anything, so I should start over, and wait for support to contact me via one of the previously described methods. I didn't get anything, again.

I don't really understand why is this such a hard thing to do, especially since I got multi factor authentication enabled on the account, so I got at least 2 trusted phone numbers registered, specifically for these kind of situations.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Daniel

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 3:49 AM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2017 12:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the reply, I fixed the problem myself. I did a factory reset, and after the phone restarted, in settings - apple id - password and security, it didn't ask for my password and to log in. Instead, the phone asked for my passcode, then I got a code on one of my trusted phone numbers. Following these steps, I could access my account. Changed my password, and all is working great now.

Thanks,

Daniel

Apple id password reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.