Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X stays on.

I'm noticing my iPhone X stays on in some instances.

Not always but if I've been using the phone and put it down with the screen illuminated, it will stay illuminated until I press the side button to turn it off. I think this is new behaviour and didn't do this from the start.

But I did notice from the start that my phone turns on (illuminates) a lot when in my pocket.

Has anyone noticed anything similar or found a way to have it turn itself off after a period of time (like I think it's supposed to)

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 11, 2012 Mac Pro (10.13)

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 2:42 AM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2017 4:01 AM in response to seventy one

I suspect given the nature of the face scan technology that there might be sometimes when the display gets triggered erroneously, it just seems to happen too often IMO.

It also might be that when it's in my shirt pocket that it only a light fabric width from my skin, which might be enough to trigger the screen. It may not happen when the phone is in my back pocket or jacket pocket where the fabric is more substantial and I'm unable to see whether the screen is still illuminated or not.

iPhone X stays on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.