Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was connected to my iPhone 7 calls , messages now it’s not

IPad mini 2 was connected to my iPhone 7 Plus now it is not.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 2:58 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2017 3:12 PM in response to Jenni58

Hello Jenni58.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, calls and messaging stopped working on iPad your iPad that was connected to the iPhone. I will be happy to help. Sounds like you are using Continuity.

Let's take a look at the steps below to verify that your settings are correct, from our article: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Set up iPhone Cellular Calls

Use iPhone Cellular Calls with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  • Each device is signed in to FaceTime with the same Apple ID.
  • Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
  • Each device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
  • On iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  • On iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
  • On Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.

Set up SMS and MMS messaging

Use this feature with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. Make sure that your devices are set up as follows:

• Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  • On iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that the Apple ID at the top of the screen is the same Apple ID that you're using for iMessage on your other devices. Add a check to your phone number and email address, so that you can be reached by iMessage at both. Do the same on your iPad or iPod touch.
  • On iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, then choose which devices to allow to send and receive text messages from this iPhone. If you're using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
Cheers.

My iPad was connected to my iPhone 7 calls , messages now it’s not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.