Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth devices not working properly

Hi, since updating to High Sierra, upon starting the iMac my magic keyboard only types when pressing enter, and whenever I click with the magic mouse, it's a right click, no matter the button I click. This only temporarily resolves when restarting, but after a while, hours, days sometimes, my mouse again suddenly only makes right clicks and I have to forcefully shut everything down for it to work again. This issue exists for some weeks now, but until recently rarely enough not to bother me. I tried everything, PRAM and SMC reset, deleting unnecessary bluetooth devices, disabling handoff between iMac & iCloud devices, to no avail.

I appreciate your help.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 4:06 AM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2017 9:12 AM in response to DonH49

Didn't work, after resetting the problem immediately resurfaced and I had to shut it down again, eventually using my old wired keyboard to log in, I went to the store and bought a wired mouse also, but even that didn't work, so the problem seems to only partially if at all lie within the bluetooth connection. After yet another restart I can type fine with the wired keyboard and mouse for now, but it could malfunction again at any moment. Do you have any other ideas/suggestions?

Bluetooth devices not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.