Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please, help us!!! FCPX 10.4

We work on the television channel. Recently we got Sony A7s camera.

We work on laptops MacBook Pro. Previously, we used the operating system Sierra and everything was fine.

But after we made the update of High Sierra, we had a problem!!!

We can not import a video file from a flach card into the FCPX program.

We can import files from the camera, but they do not have sound.

This problem is only for files that are shot in AVCHD format.

But we can shoot only in this format. Because only this format allows you to shoot in interlace. We can use only interlace, because we are working on a television channel.

We really hoped to update 10.4 for FCPX, but it did not help us !!! Why did not you support for AVCHD?!

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), Gioni

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 4:19 AM

34 replies

Dec 19, 2017 4:08 AM in response to Gioni

Download the HS installer from the App Store. Connect the external drive. Smallish SSD will do. Mac OS extended formatting. Run the installer and point it to the external drive to install the system. Copy FCP into the new system’s Applications folder. Download Additional Content from the FCP menu. Test it. Not hard just takes time.

Dec 19, 2017 4:18 AM in response to Gioni

Hello ...

i think it is a problem with Sony drivers. I have a issue with XDCAMs. Not the files but the Discs. I can not import the Camera Discs, no driver! So i suggest you to downgrade. So use your backbub you made. If you not use HDR in 4k you do not need High Sierra in these moment. I use Sierra with 10.4 on 7 macs... that works fine incl. all drivers from Sony and Blackmagic.

Greetings from Cologne

Please, help us!!! FCPX 10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.