You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Activity Ring Notifications

I have a series 2 Apple Watch (Nike), since I updated to watchOS 4.2 I do not receive notifcations when I close my activity rings. I used to get the animated rings closing but have not seen them for a while even though I am closing my rings.

I have tried resetting the iphone it's paired with (iphone 8), resetting the watch and toggling the notifications to off and back on again with no luck.

Has anyone else come across this or know of a fix?

Apple Watch Series 2 Nike 42mm (2nd Gen), watchOS 4

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 6:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 5:26 AM

Hi

Whilst I can't say why that is happening, the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

Check that your personal information remains accurate:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.
  • If the setting for Wheelchair currently states "Not Set", then change it to "Yes" or "No" as appropriate.

Check your notification settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Activity > turn on Goal Completions along with any other desired settings.

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

Check that you are wearing your Apple Watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist (it may otherwise believe that it has been removed):

Close certain apps and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then it may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support for assistance:

16 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2017 5:26 AM in response to shanefromspringfield lakes

Hi

Whilst I can't say why that is happening, the following steps may help:

If you have not yet done so, also update your iPhone to the latest software:

Check that your personal information remains accurate:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.
  • If the setting for Wheelchair currently states "Not Set", then change it to "Yes" or "No" as appropriate.

Check your notification settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Activity > turn on Goal Completions along with any other desired settings.

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

Check that you are wearing your Apple Watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist (it may otherwise believe that it has been removed):

Close certain apps and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then it may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support for assistance:

Mar 4, 2018 8:15 PM in response to kheldan

Well in the last three days (3-5 March 2018), I have started getting the activity ring closures again. Will wait and see how long it lasts this time. I am running the most current versions of watchOS and iOS. I did not read that there would be a fix in the release notes to watchOS 4.2.3 so not sure if it was that. Will update if things change.

Apple Watch Activity Ring Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.