Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to correct birthday on child(under 13 yrs) account?

Question regarding icloud child account.

I just created a child account but I see wrong birthday set on the account. How to correct it?

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 7:49 PM

I followed the instruction (step1 ~ 3) below, however, Birthday is grayed out and doesn't allow me to update. (See attached screenshot). By the way, the account is a member of a Family Sharing group.

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. You might need to answer your security questions.
  4. Update your birth date, then tap Done.

To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change.

Thanks

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 7:49 PM in response to liv0123

I followed the instruction (step1 ~ 3) below, however, Birthday is grayed out and doesn't allow me to update. (See attached screenshot). By the way, the account is a member of a Family Sharing group.

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. You might need to answer your security questions.
  4. Update your birth date, then tap Done.

To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change.

Thanks

How to correct birthday on child(under 13 yrs) account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.