Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery life iOS 11.2.1

Can watch mine drain with nothing running and background app refresh off. Location disabled also.

Why is this so bad with this update? Are apple working on this?

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2017 8:11 PM

Same problem. Same phone. It's infuriating.

Apple apparently has a hidden a secret power mode deep inside iOS that deliberately slows your device:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/12/19/apple-ios-11-battery-life-sl ow-iphone-performance-ipad-problems/

51 replies

Dec 21, 2017 7:11 PM in response to RamseySteve

It is probably not the app but but your email account that is the culprit. If it is an old POP3 account and you have lots of old emails it spent those 9 hours downloading them. If it is an Exchange email account most like something has gone wrong with verification and your iPhone and the server are constantly pinging each other. Contact your Exchange administrator and they can look at it from their end and fix it.

Dec 26, 2017 10:21 PM in response to ngunter

If a phone battery life is fine before a IOS update and it becomes poor after a IOS update... then it is the new code from the IOS update that caused the issue... not the hardware. The phone is fine and the code update strategy is failing. Time to regroup and redefine Apple. I among many others are moving to Android and other OS driven devices.

Dec 31, 2017 11:07 AM in response to ngunter

This is a bad situation, I took my phone off of the charger at 7:40am to go to church....and it's at 11% with no use today and it's only 1:30pm. Before IOS 11.X, I could go from 6am to 10 pm and only hit 40%...*** happened?

Sorry to say but I'm heading to Sprint with my trusty old Galaxy S5 to switch my service until this mess gets worked out. I refuse to go to work and carry around a charging block and lightning cable in my pocket like a 14 year old at the mall because Apple does not have a rollback process for updates.

I'll keep following this thread so please let me know if when the OS is fixed.

Jan 5, 2018 11:20 AM in response to ngunter

I'm seeing this too.

I have an iPad Pro and an iPhone 6s, both with "good" batteries. I have come back to the iPad once and the iPhone twice to see the devices switched off reporting 2% battery and unuseable, having been left in standby prior to having a good level of charge. A quick charge of the iPhone takes a reported flat battery back to 72% in little time. This points to a software issue, especially after the recent inclusion of new battery management features.

I was out yesterday and left high and dry without a phone, despite charging to 100% 2 hours prior to leaving home.

Sort it Apple - This is unacceptable. In the 8 years of owning iPhones, I have never before seen this behaviour.

battery life iOS 11.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.