Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch turns on Siri by itself and I can’t get off of it.

My series 2 Apple Watch has been working fine till recently. I’m having an issue, that basically allowes my watch to turn on Siri by itself. The worst part is when it turns on it gets stuck on Siri and it does things like play music on my phone occasionally. First of all do you think it’s a hardware or software issue and how can I solve it?

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 4:48 AM

Hi

The behaviour that you have described is consistent with either the Digital Crown being pressed and held down accidentally or an issue with the Digital Crown's normal operation.

If your Apple Watch is worn too close to your hand, then the Digital Crown may be pressed by the back of your hand when flexing your wrist. If so:

• It may help to wear your Apple Watch a little further up your arm.
  • It may otherwise help to wear your Apple Watch with the buttons on the other side and/or on your other wrist:

To change the configuration: on your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Watch Orientation > choose the preferred wrist and side for the buttons.

Otherwise, operation of the Digital Crown can be affected by substances like dust. Should it stop operating as expected, then it may help to clean it by following the steps here:

Use the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists after following the recommended cleaning procedure, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to arranging for your watch to be checked and, if recommended, serviced:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 4:48 AM in response to Joe_2222

Hi

The behaviour that you have described is consistent with either the Digital Crown being pressed and held down accidentally or an issue with the Digital Crown's normal operation.

If your Apple Watch is worn too close to your hand, then the Digital Crown may be pressed by the back of your hand when flexing your wrist. If so:

• It may help to wear your Apple Watch a little further up your arm.
  • It may otherwise help to wear your Apple Watch with the buttons on the other side and/or on your other wrist:

To change the configuration: on your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Watch Orientation > choose the preferred wrist and side for the buttons.

Otherwise, operation of the Digital Crown can be affected by substances like dust. Should it stop operating as expected, then it may help to clean it by following the steps here:

Use the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists after following the recommended cleaning procedure, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to arranging for your watch to be checked and, if recommended, serviced:

My Apple Watch turns on Siri by itself and I can’t get off of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.