Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

o after a min goes into slow mo

Hehplp I took a five min video of my daughters Christmas concert .when I got home it playedmin and the.n plays in slow mo it’s done the same with second video after a few seconds of playing normal

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 10:10 PM

Hey, Maz1a!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand you took a few videos at your daughter's recent Christmas concert, but the playback slows down after several seconds. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you had your Camera mode set to Slo-Mo. This video mode intentionally slows down sections of your video, to creatively highlight specific aspects and details. The good news is that you can edit the video to change the section and length of the slow motion portion of the video--and you can even turn it off.

To remove the slow motion, use the following steps from How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support to learn how to edit the Slo-Mo video:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Edit on the slo-mo video that you want to edit...Then use the vertical white lines in the video timeline to set when slo-mo begins and ends.

You can see a visual of what those white lines look like here:

User uploaded file

After you've located the vertical white lines, drag the two long white lines together, so there are no spaced-out lines. This will remove the slow-motion from your video.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 10:10 PM in response to Maz1a

Hey, Maz1a!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand you took a few videos at your daughter's recent Christmas concert, but the playback slows down after several seconds. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you had your Camera mode set to Slo-Mo. This video mode intentionally slows down sections of your video, to creatively highlight specific aspects and details. The good news is that you can edit the video to change the section and length of the slow motion portion of the video--and you can even turn it off.

To remove the slow motion, use the following steps from How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support to learn how to edit the Slo-Mo video:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Edit on the slo-mo video that you want to edit...Then use the vertical white lines in the video timeline to set when slo-mo begins and ends.

You can see a visual of what those white lines look like here:

User uploaded file

After you've located the vertical white lines, drag the two long white lines together, so there are no spaced-out lines. This will remove the slow-motion from your video.

Cheers!

o after a min goes into slow mo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.