Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Issues withSince installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Update

Since installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Update I am having sound issues with using my Denon MC7000 Controller with Serato DJ

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 6:33 AM

18 replies

Jan 1, 2018 5:56 AM in response to DJChris247

Now I’ve got downgrade to 13.1 with a timemachine backup and I must stop my gig yesterday. The system was totally crashed and the sound distorded horribly. So let me know if you have better ideas. I changed to a 2015 Mac with usb and there was still the same problem.

No chance to play actually with the Denon and the new system. Tomorrow I will speak with Apple support and the must help me. 3 Gigs crashed with my stupid system paid for 4000 euro!!!

Jan 1, 2018 7:17 AM in response to DJChris247

I have both a Pioneer DDJ SX2 & the Denon MC7000. I use Serato DJ with both. I upgraded both my laptops to High Sierra after seeing that Denon said it was now supported as well as hearing the same from Serato & Pioneer. After playing for 15-20 minutes on the Denon the sound starts to distort badly. Once I reboot the Denon it goes away but again comes back after a short time. I did an extensive test at home it reacted the same with both laptops with the Denon. I tried changing USB ports, checking for latest serato versions to no avail. I did the same exact testing with the Pioneer and NO issues at all. I did a full gig with the Pioneer and it worked as it should with no problem. Obviously whatever testing Denon did with High Sierra was flawed in my opinion. Hopefully they'll get this straightened out quickly as the Denon MC 7000 is an awesome machine and I prefer using it over the Pioneer.

Jan 7, 2018 1:59 PM in response to DJChris247

https://serato.com/forum/discussion/1662298

I have Mac OS X High Sierra and I did that exact update (10.13.2) but then on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) and Serato DJ 1.9.10 , I normally have my Latency set to 5ms on my Denon DJ MC7000 I was having terrible yellow or red USB Buffer light on the top right and my audio was breaking up so bad that even switching my Latency higher barely fix the problem. So for sh*ts and giggles installed Serato DJ Pro (Beta) and I did not had that problem. But what I ended up doing is doing clean install of High Sierra 10.13.1 but not install that Update (10.13.2) I will wait until Apple addresses that supposeably 3rd Party USB Audio fix with next update or wait until Serato DJ Pro comes out.

Jan 13, 2018 1:40 PM in response to TooHypE

http://denondj.com/kb/article/2360

www.denondj.com

From a Denon DJ FB Group

www.facebook.com

Well Denon support just got back to me looks like there is a fix. Got this email two minutes ago from Denon support....

———————-

We have released a firmware update to resolve this issue. The firmware is now posted online, so use the link provided below to download and install it to your MC7000. This will resolve your issue.

cdn.inmusicbrands.com

www.denondj.com

Sound Issues withSince installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.