Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Edit or Delete Group in Contacts High Sierra

Hello,

Am running latest version HS 10.13.2. Contacts properly sync, but when I create a new group it is not editable, nor can it be deleted. If I restart Contacts app, the new "untiltled" group dissappers.

In fact, all of my preexisting groups cannot be renamed or deleted. The Edit pull-down menu shows those options as being grayed out.

Seems my contacts app has lost this basic functionality.

Thanks for your help, Edwin

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 1:50 PM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2017 1:53 PM in response to Edwin Sanchez1

Hello Edwin Sanchez1,

I see that you're having an issue with not being able to edit a group that you've created in contacts. I understand the need to be able to edit these groups from time to time, and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's being by having you start up your computer into safe mode and test to see if the issue remains:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
If the issue remains in safe mode, the next thing you'll want to try is to test on another user account to see if the issue remains there:
How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
If the issue still remains while using a test account, reply back with the answers to the following questions.
1. When did this issue first being?
2. Did you recent update the software on your computer?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Can't Edit or Delete Group in Contacts High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.