Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud hacked

I switched to iPhone because I was told it is, "impossible" to hack an iPhone. It may be, but I am the exception to that rule.

"**** hath no fury like a woman scorned" right?

I switched to iPhone after having 3 androids hacked, 1 remotely. Now my iPhone was hacked. I believe it was through my iCloud. Screenshots of text messages were being sent to friends and my conversations were repeated to me via spoof texting from the hacker.

Yes I know who it is, but that doesn't matter. The burden of proof is on me right?

Either way. Hacker has never had access to my iPhone. I rocked it for about 7 months before learning that my texts messages, actual screenshots, were being texted to other folks. I took my phone to an, "expert", he asked me to login to my iCloud and remove the device so he could hard reset the phone. The 2 step bubble never showed up on my iPhone. I requested a text be sent, that never showed up. I had to click on the, "call" option in order to login to my iCloud. I removed the phone, the expert done the hard reset. I went to the provider got a new SIM card.

I have not linked or logged in to appleid on the phone. It is not associated with an apple account. I have not downloaded, nor will I download any apps. I don't even surf the internet.

So, with that being said, are they going to find it easier to get in? I know there is NOTHING that can be done to track or find out the source of the hack, even though I know exactly who it is.

Just about to completely give up on cell phones all together and just go to using a home phone.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Dec 21, 2017 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2017 12:47 PM

As I believe you have already surmised, the "hack" most likely was to your Apple ID. Even with two-factor authentication, it is still possible if someone knows your ID's password and has a device that is listed to your account to receive the verification codes they basically can access your iPhone through your account.

Apple provides the following support article on this topic: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

A bit too late now, but a good going-forward strategy would be to immediately change your Apple ID password at the first instant you believe that you have been hacked. Then contact the Apple Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance. To contact them, clickhereand pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submitthis form.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2017 12:47 PM in response to avexjp

As I believe you have already surmised, the "hack" most likely was to your Apple ID. Even with two-factor authentication, it is still possible if someone knows your ID's password and has a device that is listed to your account to receive the verification codes they basically can access your iPhone through your account.

Apple provides the following support article on this topic: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

A bit too late now, but a good going-forward strategy would be to immediately change your Apple ID password at the first instant you believe that you have been hacked. Then contact the Apple Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance. To contact them, clickhereand pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submitthis form.

Dec 21, 2017 12:52 PM in response to KiltedTim

Well I do appreciate the quick responses. Truly surprising! I have learned that ANYTHING and ANYONE can be hacked.

I do agree it came through an account. These two had everything, bank accounts, credit cards even my ssn and dob. Obviously email and social media. Isn't much I can do to now to protect myself unfortunately. I just wish there was a way to catch, "harvey the rabbit" so to speak. That's like catching apparitions, it just don't happen.

How secure is this phone with no appleid or icloud tied to it? This phone is just for phone calls and texting.

Dec 21, 2017 1:00 PM in response to avexjp

If they had all the information you claim they did, then they did not get them from your iCloud account. Your icloud account was likely one of many that was compromised.

You have bigger problems that the supposed 'security' of your phone.

Without using iCloud or an Apple ID at all, the phone is as secure as you want to make your passcode. Use a complex long password to lock the phone and keep it a secret. If you do that, then there is no way for anyone to gain access to the data on it without the password. You'll be seriously compromising the functionality and utility of the phone by not using an Apple ID or iCloud, but hey... that's up to you.

I submit to you that no Apple product or service was the source of your problems. They were ancillary to the actual problem. Given the information obtained, either you have been storing information in an unsecured place out there on the interwebtubes, someone you know who would have physical access to certain things that would allow them to gain access to this information is ruining your life, or you fell victim to one or more phishing scams and voluntarily gave critical information to the scammers.

You need to take action to deal with this, possibly getting professional assistance. And I'm not talking about your text messages and social media being compromised. Loss of control of your SSN, credit cards, etc could potentially ruin your life.

Dec 21, 2017 1:26 PM in response to KiltedTim

Completely agree! Yes, this iPhone was a grasp at trying to attain privacy again. FAIL. There was physical access to 2 android phones and a pc. I wiped the PC back in July and just got it out of a shop yesterday for a scan. I have changed every single password to every single account I can think of and closed others. I am trying. I do appreciate the utility of the iPhone, but at this point I am just going to use for what it was originally designed for....a phone.

I have started new email accounts with prontomail hoping that will help as well. All cc and bank info has been changed too. This is a chore. But once I get my privacy back it will be worth it.

They will still spoof text though. That will never stop.

iCloud hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.