Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove STUPID soft home button of 11.2.1?

With the 11.2.1 ios update there is now a dumb 2'nd home button on the device that already has a hardware button. There is no way to remove it from the screen, so it RUINs the device for Kiosk use. And just plain ruins the device.

If APPLE would not act like dictators and let customers decline updates without being continuously hassled, my tech life would be 50% better. But because APPLE is relentless with pressing people for updates that ruin our experience and compatibility with our computers, they do and then it ruins business systems and processes and costs us a lot of downtime and money.

I swear I'm just about ready to give up on this company that builds computers with no connectivity to anything, and ruins the user experience with poorly designed UI updates and failed features. Heck, even time machine only works 1 out of 10 times.

Anyhow, does any one know how to get rid of this stupid fake home button?

Posted on Dec 21, 2017 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2017 9:21 AM

Hi techisonrise. Just by the way, you enabled the "stupid fake home button", not Apple.

It may be your Accessibility Shortcut, triggered by a triple click on the real Home Button.

Check Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

3 replies

How to remove STUPID soft home button of 11.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.