Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Cash: Why add money?

Why would I want to add money from my debit card to Apple Pay Cash if it automatically withdraws money from that debit same account when needed? It doesn't REQUIRE me to add $14 before I send my friend that sum, right? The Apple Pay Cash instructions seem to say that we're all going to want to add cash from our bank accounts first. This isn't true, correct?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2017 4:58 PM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2017 7:01 AM in response to tcdiliberto

B. Adding Funds to your Apple Pay Cash Card. Funds can be added to your Apple Pay Cash Card in two ways: ℹ by utilizing the Funds Transfer Service to add funds to your Apple Pay Cash Card with a Supported Payment Card that is a debit or eligible prepaid card; or (ii) by receiving a P2P Transfer from another User, which funds will be automatically credited to your Apple Pay Cash Card, unless you have disabled the ability to automatically receive P2P Transfers, in which case the funds will only be credited to your Apple Pay Cash Card if you accept the P2P Transfer within 7 days. You may not add money to your Apple Pay Cash Card directly with a Supported Payment Card that is a credit card. We reserve the right to accept or reject any request to add funds to your Apple Pay Cash Card at our sole discretion.

Apple Pay Cash: Why add money?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.