Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iphone from android phone

can i find my pone from an android phone

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 9:04 PM

If you go to th iCloud login page when using an android device tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and from the drop down list tap request desktop you should then be able to login and use find my phone. Any text on the page is a bit small but you can still navigate it. Hope thi is of some help.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2018 9:04 PM in response to ProustGiulio

If you go to th iCloud login page when using an android device tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and from the drop down list tap request desktop you should then be able to login and use find my phone. Any text on the page is a bit small but you can still navigate it. Hope thi is of some help.

Feb 2, 2018 4:13 AM in response to Tony692

Yes Tony, you're right.

Of course, opening a browser on a computer or on a smartphone (that has access to internet), you can go to iCloud.com and sign in with your iCloud credentials, and start the "find my iPhone" research (if the lost or stolen iphone is active and has the "find my iPhone" feature turned on).

In my previous reply I wasn't clear enough (talking only about a computer).

Thank you very much for your clarification and explanation. Have a nice day.

Regards

Giulio

Feb 2, 2018 7:45 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thanks for you reply Giulio. I don't have a lot of knowledge about iPhones and only posted this information because a friend lost his phone and at the time I couldn't find it with my andrkid. Eventually I found the above method worked.

thought I'd post so other didn't have the same problem. You'd think Apple would make a android app available so iphones could be found more easily.

Feb 2, 2018 8:16 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Given that when you loose or have mislaid your phone you quickly need to find out where it is, you seem to kneed a quick method of doing this. When I used my android try and find my friends phone I got the message this browser is not supported. It took ages to work out how to do it. Not good if the phone had been stolen. You would think that more information would be supplied at the time so you could get around this issue so you could quickly find your phone Under suhas circumstances.

Feb 2, 2018 8:22 AM in response to Tony692

And if your andriod phone gets hacked from all the crap that google fails to filter out on their store and your apple ID gets compromised or you loose your android phone and someone is able to get your credentials then what?

Its on a secure website hosted by Apple for a reason and it's not going to be any faster from an App then it is from an Website, but if you would like Apple to consider your request go to www.apple.com/feeedback

find my iphone from android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.