Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life on iOS 11.2.1?

My iPhone SE is on iOS 11.2.1, I don't really know if iOS 11 made my phone's battery life better or what for when I got my SE (was on iOS 10 out of the box) I immediately upgraded to iOS 11. So now, I've observed my daily use of battery for my phone and I've been getting 6-7 (sometimes 8) when I'm in low power mode all day. While, up to 5-6 hours without having to turn on Low Power Mode. I just wanted to ask if it's just normal for my phone's battery to last like that? Is 6-8 hrs of usage on the iPhone SE normal?

Posted on Dec 25, 2017 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2017 6:22 AM

Hi there, bbien!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the battery usage on your iPhone SE. Check out this article with steps to take for Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan . Using Low Power Mode is a great step to start with, and this article will allow you to adjust other device settings. Once the adjustments have been made, test the phone through regular usage to see if you notice any changes in the battery performance.

Have a great day!
14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2017 6:22 AM in response to bbien

Hi there, bbien!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the battery usage on your iPhone SE. Check out this article with steps to take for Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan . Using Low Power Mode is a great step to start with, and this article will allow you to adjust other device settings. Once the adjustments have been made, test the phone through regular usage to see if you notice any changes in the battery performance.

Have a great day!

Dec 26, 2017 6:54 PM in response to jeremy_v

I'd like to thank Apple for encouraging me to replace my iPhone 6S and the battery-destroying iOS 11.2.1 with a nice new Samsung. It will be the first in what I foresee is a long series of replacements of phones, tablets, and computers from the once-upon-a-time decent Apple product line. That was a nice b.s. answer, Jeremy - oh, don't refresh your apps in the background! - but I'm here to tell you this isn't about user app management -- this is about a sub-standard and thoroughly deficient operating system "upgrade." Since installing 11.2.1, I can *literally* watch the battery drain. I haven't added a single app, downloaded an additional song, in months. The *only* change is iOS 11.2.1. And judging by the tens of thousands of complaints I see about this, and the manifest stonewalling that Apple is engaging in to avoid coming to grips with its own systematic incompetence, this type of failure is now the Apple corporate norm. Thankfully, there's a Verizon store just a mile down the road, and they'll be able to outfit me with the latest and greatest in Samsung products before the day is out.

Dec 26, 2017 6:59 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I use my phone almost the whole day. I looked up on Apple's website (iPhone SE page) on how long the battery will last using Wi-Fi and it says there 13hrs. I think I'm already okay with it. I'm using Low Power Mode which makes my phone last a day and a half before I need to recharge (with moderate use, like the brightness most of the time toned down to the bottom etc.) :) Thank you again. I think it's all depending on my usage. I use Youtube a lot and other social media apps.

Dec 27, 2017 11:30 PM in response to jeremy_v

There have been several articles that show apples ios11 results in poor battery performance. My experience on my iPhone 7 Plus is that my battery life is now about half what it used to be since upgrading to iOS11. This is very disappointing. One of the features that I liked about my iPhone 7 Plus was the long lasting battery life. That has been destroyed with this new iOS 11 release. I hope Apple fixes this. If they don’t I will likely move to Samsung for my next phone and other device needs. Apple keeps making little changes that make there phones worse and worse. This one is the “straw that will break the camels back” for me.

Dec 31, 2017 3:52 PM in response to Panderson9149

Hi,

I’m an iPhone 7 user and I thought that you have managed to fix the iOS 11 battery issues on the 11.2 version...

i made the biggest mistake in upgrading my iPhone to the 11.2.1 version because right now my phone battery lasts 14 hours... tops...with 5 hours of real usage...

this is a biggest disappointment since i invested a lot of money on this phone And trusted Apple as always...

I can‘t see any light ahead on this topic since everyone is complaining about this and even the beta versions seems to have no solution to these issues....

i have lost hope and now i have an iPhone 7; iPad4 and iPhone 6 with this useless iOS version and i cannot rollback to 11.2 since iCloud backup forces me to upgrade to the latest version...

Jan 1, 2018 9:24 PM in response to RBurgos1962

Thanks for letting know that Apple IOS updates and nearly the same as Microsoft updates 10 years ago. I have an iPhone 7, and I still have my code of 10.2. I wanted 10.3.3 but lost it when I didn't jump on the boat.

I watched my daughter need 3 iPhone replacements because of bad code. My iPhone battery last me 9hrs using it and going standby. Constant use I get at least 8hrs before I need to recharge. Maybe less if watching videos all day.

Jan 23, 2018 6:53 PM in response to bbien

I was experiencing battery issues after upgrading my iPad Pro to 11.2. Since i had already turned off Siri suggestions and location services for all my apps, I went to Settings->General->Multitasking & Dock and turned off "suggested apps". I figure that to make "suggestions" it has to be tracking my usage so i turned it off. It helped a little.

Battery life on iOS 11.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.