Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Services are currently unavailable

Is there anyway to find out why the Pay services give this message? How can I know if this is unique to me or a global problem? Since this is my very first use of Apply Pay, and it doesn't work, Is Apple Pay generally unreliable?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 25, 2017 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 9:20 AM

User uploaded file I’ve been having the same problem, I tried to paint store and it didn’t work all it said was hold phone your reader, and I tried using it within an app, it said payment not completed or a failed or something, I tried testing it over iMessage and it said Apple Pay services are currently down or something like that or they’re unavailable. Does Anyone have a solution?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 9:20 AM in response to keepmydayjob

User uploaded file I’ve been having the same problem, I tried to paint store and it didn’t work all it said was hold phone your reader, and I tried using it within an app, it said payment not completed or a failed or something, I tried testing it over iMessage and it said Apple Pay services are currently down or something like that or they’re unavailable. Does Anyone have a solution?

Jan 3, 2018 8:58 AM in response to johnhoyle

I'm receiving the same error when I try to add the Apple Pay Cash card to my Series 2 Apple Watch. In the Watch App on the iPhone, I see the Apple Pay Cash and under it, it says "Not Set Up" When I click on it to continue the Setup process, I receive the Apple Pay Services are currently unavailable. I have restarted both the iPhone and the Apple Watch. I have also turned off Apple Pay Cash in the Watch App on the iPhone, which removes it from the Apple Watch and restarted it, then turned Apple Pay Cash on in the Watch App and went through the setup, but incurred the same results.

Jan 5, 2018 12:26 PM in response to johnhoyle

A friend and I tried setting up Apple Pay. He was able (after getting that same error once), to get it to send me $20, but only after I 'Requested' that much from him. However, after 'receiving' that amount from him via iMessage, and successfully setting up the link to my checking account, Apple Pay won't let me transfer the balance to my bank account. I've tried several times in the last three hours, but keep getting "Service Unavailable". I'm running iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1.

Any suggestions?

Apple Pay Services are currently unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.