Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity to Cricut machine from iPad Air issue

Since the last IOS update to 11.2.1, I have had Bluetooth connectivity problems. my iPad will connect with my machine, but when I send a cut to the machine, the spinning icon keeps going and eventually an error message appears saying there is a communication error to my Cricut. before when this error message appeared, I would hit the command to cut and it the command would go through. Now it doesn’t at all. I have tried deleting Cricut Design app and reinstalling it, powering down the ipad and restarting, and I still get the same communication error.

I have also spent time with Cricut support and they have told me that this is an Apple issue.

what else can I do?

Thanks for any help with this.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2017 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 3:05 AM

Same here! Although I had not put the timing of my new Cricut communication stalemate and the iOS update together. I know for me it started happening the night of the college football championship game. My husband was hyper focused on the tv and I dove in to paper flower bouquets. I was late updating iOS because of home WiFi issues. Is there any way to tell exactly when I updated to 11.2.1. I’m on 11.2.2 now with a migraine headache over having to “retry” 20 times to cut each mat while I’m trying to teach myself design space!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2018 3:05 AM in response to Lhorner001

Same here! Although I had not put the timing of my new Cricut communication stalemate and the iOS update together. I know for me it started happening the night of the college football championship game. My husband was hyper focused on the tv and I dove in to paper flower bouquets. I was late updating iOS because of home WiFi issues. Is there any way to tell exactly when I updated to 11.2.1. I’m on 11.2.2 now with a migraine headache over having to “retry” 20 times to cut each mat while I’m trying to teach myself design space!

Bluetooth connectivity to Cricut machine from iPad Air issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.