Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player error -2010 video from iPhone

When I try to open long video from my iPhone by QuickTime Player 7.7.9 in Windows 10 it crush with error -2010.

Then tell me than I haven't some components and redirect me to the page that does not exist: https://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html?os=Windows&ctype=6d686 c72&csubtype=6d657461.

Other videos, not so long, open normally.

This long video in another player open normally. What can I do to open it in QuickTime Player?

User uploaded file

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 60fps 23351kbps [V: Core Media Data Handler (h264 high L4.2, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 23351 kb/s)]

Audio: AAC 44100Hz mono 87kbps [A: Core Media Data Handler (aac lc, 44100 Hz, mono, 87 kb/s)]

45 min, 7,5Gb.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 26, 2017 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 1:11 AM

When I try to open long video from my iPhone by QuickTime Player 7.7.9 in Windows 10 it crush with error -2010... What can I do to open it in QuickTime Player?

Error -2010 usually equates to an "invalidmovie" error. Since you indicate the file plays normally in other media players, I would tend to assume the QT player is trapping on a security related issue—i.e., it considers the file container to be damaged and/or the data content to be unrecognized. Since the data seems to be intact, you might try using a third-party app to copy the original file data to a new file container (MOV, MP4, or M4V) and see if it then plays in the QT player app.

Then tell me than I haven't some components and redirect me to the page that does not exist: https://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html?os=Windows&ctype=6d686 c72&csubtype=6d657461.

This is normal. The classic QT player used to send users to the referenced web page when a required playback codec cannot be determined or is not installed in the QT support codec resource location. However, since the classic version of QT is no longer supported by Apple, the referenced web page has also been removed.

As previously noted, since the problem file plays normally in other media apps, I assume there is no addressing problem here. (I.e., there is no issue with this file being greater than 4 GBs in length.)

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2017 1:11 AM in response to JohnGonzhal

When I try to open long video from my iPhone by QuickTime Player 7.7.9 in Windows 10 it crush with error -2010... What can I do to open it in QuickTime Player?

Error -2010 usually equates to an "invalidmovie" error. Since you indicate the file plays normally in other media players, I would tend to assume the QT player is trapping on a security related issue—i.e., it considers the file container to be damaged and/or the data content to be unrecognized. Since the data seems to be intact, you might try using a third-party app to copy the original file data to a new file container (MOV, MP4, or M4V) and see if it then plays in the QT player app.

This is normal. The classic QT player used to send users to the referenced web page when a required playback codec cannot be determined or is not installed in the QT support codec resource location. However, since the classic version of QT is no longer supported by Apple, the referenced web page has also been removed.

As previously noted, since the problem file plays normally in other media apps, I assume there is no addressing problem here. (I.e., there is no issue with this file being greater than 4 GBs in length.)

User uploaded file

QuickTime Player error -2010 video from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.