Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upload photos from external hard-drive to iCloud

I'm new to iCloud, but I have a good understanding of computers. I have tons of photos on an external hard-drive. How do I get those photos in iCloud?

Posted on Dec 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 2:50 PM

Hello Atticus73,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to upload your photos that are stored on an external hard drive to iCloud. The following article has steps to help you upload your photos to iCloud:

Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Upload your photos and videos to iCloud Photo Library

You can upload your photos and videos from your PC to iCloud Photo Library when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Upload photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to upload and click Open.

You can also drag and drop photos and videos from your PC into the Uploads folder in iCloud Photos. You can view the photos and videos you uploaded in the Photos app on iCloud.com and on all your Apple devices.

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2017 2:50 PM in response to Atticus73

Hello Atticus73,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to upload your photos that are stored on an external hard drive to iCloud. The following article has steps to help you upload your photos to iCloud:

Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Upload your photos and videos to iCloud Photo Library

You can upload your photos and videos from your PC to iCloud Photo Library when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Upload photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to upload and click Open.

You can also drag and drop photos and videos from your PC into the Uploads folder in iCloud Photos. You can view the photos and videos you uploaded in the Photos app on iCloud.com and on all your Apple devices.

Best Regards.

upload photos from external hard-drive to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.