Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 12.9 inch iPad pro touch screen isn't responding at all

This only happened to me once every hour or so. The screen just randomly freezes for 3-4 seconds then fixes itself up and it's responsive. Now all of a sudden the screen is unresponsive. The iPad is still alive, as in the home, volume and sleep/wake buttons work. Even the smart keyboard works, but it's just the touch screen. It doesn't work at all and I've tried to find help and all I got was "hold the sleep and home button at the same time" but it never worked.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2, 12.9 inch display

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 1:41 AM

9 replies

Dec 27, 2017 1:59 AM in response to Alex150227

Have you tried the following?

Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If it still isn't working after that then you are best to contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider

Dec 27, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Alex150227

If you can't do a factory reset, then the hard reboots are about as far as you can go software wise. Use the online contact options for Apple who can advise further.

If you are EU based then as it is likely under 2 years old (or just over) the enhanced consumer protections should mean they repair or replace at ideally no cost. Given that Apple is a premium brand and it is reasonable to expect even a non premium tablet's touch interface to last longer than yours appears to.

Though hopefully its a not a physical fault and you can repair whilst in contact with Apple support.

My 12.9 inch iPad pro touch screen isn't responding at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.