Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X stops playing podcast at screen lock

I like the new iPhone but one thing really bugs me. If I am listening to a podcast and screen locks. The podcast will stop playing. this did not happen on previous iPhones I have owned. Is there a fix for this?

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 6:52 PM

Hi, gstockton,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I'm understanding that when you lock your iPhone X display, any podcast playing in the Podcast app stops. I'm happy to help!

First, force close the Podcast app: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Once the iPhone is back on, check to see if your Podcast app behaves as expected, and plays while the display is locked.

If not, try removing and then reinstalling the Podcast app: Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support . Then, try again.

Don't hesitate to respond back if the issue continues.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2017 6:52 PM in response to gstockton

Hi, gstockton,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I'm understanding that when you lock your iPhone X display, any podcast playing in the Podcast app stops. I'm happy to help!

First, force close the Podcast app: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support , then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Once the iPhone is back on, check to see if your Podcast app behaves as expected, and plays while the display is locked.

If not, try removing and then reinstalling the Podcast app: Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch - Apple Support . Then, try again.

Don't hesitate to respond back if the issue continues.

Cheers!

iPhone X stops playing podcast at screen lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.