Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer photos from my iPod to my MacBook

So back in 2015, I put over 700 photos on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation onto the album (Photo Library). Now it is 2017 and I have reset my MacBook about 5 times since (The First backup I did was on January 31, 2017). I have been trying to get those photos off of the iPod but all it does is it shows me all the photos in the Camera Roll (I have been trying to get the music and photos off of it for over 1/2 Years. I NEED HELP!!! User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 27, 2017 12:25 PM

6 replies

Dec 27, 2017 1:02 PM in response to noahwalker414

If you used iTunes to sync the photos from a computer to the iPod Touch, see the following from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support for instructions on how to remove them from the iPod Touch:

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Dec 27, 2017 1:27 PM in response to noahwalker414

Shouting at me won't help.

Without more details, I am only guessing, but if you synced photos from a computer to an iPod Touch, the originals would have remained on the computer. If you deleted the originals from the computer and the only copy is on the iPod Touch then you will need to either email or text them to yourself (not very practical if over 700 photos) or use a 3rd party utility to salvage them. The following is one possible 3rd party utility that may be able to retrieve them: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer or Laptop | TouchCopy

Dec 27, 2017 2:32 PM in response to noahwalker414

I haven't seen a $100 price for it. The following shows $29.95 for a 1 year subscription to $39.95 for lifetime: Purchase TouchCopy 16 for PC and Mac

There may be other 3rd party apps but that is the only one I know about. PhotoSync is only $2.99 and is popular for transferring photos but I don't know if it can handle iTunes synced photos: https://photosync-app.com/iOS.html

Can't transfer photos from my iPod to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.