Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 Retina Mid 2012 gpu panic issue

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 15 Retina Mid 2012

(Core i7 2.6ghz, 16GB Ram, 750GB SSD, 1GB GT650M Graphics).

It's been more than 4 years since I bought it. Currently I am facing unexpected crashes and no display while turning on the MacBook.I spoke to the apple support and they told me that since it's been more than 4 years, my laptop is out of the extended coverage provided by apple. I didn't buy this Premium MacBook(highest configuration at the time of purchase) to fail just after 4 years of usage. Gpu panic is a widespread issue with Mid 2012 and Early 2013 models. I have reserved an appointment with Genius Bar.

I am just wondering if apple would fix the issue free of cost.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 10:55 PM

I have the same problem with my Macbook pro retina 15 Mid 2012. After contacting apple support they said they would fix it for free. Here is a link that might be helpful to you.

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Please let me know what happened with you beffore I drive the +60 mile to get to apple Genius Bar.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2017 10:55 PM in response to Mouneshwar

I have the same problem with my Macbook pro retina 15 Mid 2012. After contacting apple support they said they would fix it for free. Here is a link that might be helpful to you.

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Please let me know what happened with you beffore I drive the +60 mile to get to apple Genius Bar.

Dec 29, 2017 3:40 AM in response to Ibrahi07m

Yeah, sure. Will let you know, my appointment is on 1st of Jan.

I checked the "extended warranty" for mid 2012 and early 2013 model. The guy from apple told that my laptop is more than 4 years old and I have to pay for the logic board replacement. "4 years from the date of purchase or Dec 31, 2016 whichever is longer is covered by the extended warranty for video issues"

I would insist them to fix it for free.

MacBook Pro 15 Retina Mid 2012 gpu panic issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.