Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Login Problem

My MacBook Pro is stuck at the login screen. It starts up, gets to the login and when I enter my info, it thinks for a second, and goes right back to this screen. It will just do it over and over.

I have tried all the tricks. Looking for a new idea to make it work. One day it worked, and the next, it didn’t.

Please help!

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 12:43 PM

Hello rachelfromblaine,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after entering your login credentials on your MacBook Pro, you're repeatedly prompted to enter the information again. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, I recommend testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, start up in macOS Recovery and use Disk Utility to see if your startup disk needs to be repaired.
About macOS Recovery

Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you have already done.

Have a wonderful day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2017 12:43 PM in response to rachelfromblaine

Hello rachelfromblaine,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after entering your login credentials on your MacBook Pro, you're repeatedly prompted to enter the information again. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, I recommend testing the issue in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, start up in macOS Recovery and use Disk Utility to see if your startup disk needs to be repaired.
About macOS Recovery

Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you have already done.

Have a wonderful day!

MacBook Pro Login Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.