Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart Rate Chest Strap with Activity App

Is there a heart rate monitor chest strap that will pair with the "Activity" app on the Apple watch to track workouts and close rings?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 8:23 AM

Hi

Apple Watch already has a built-in heart rate monitor, that takes readings continuously when recording workouts via the Workout app:

If you are unable to get reliable readings from the built-in sensor (which may occur for various reasons, as detailed in the support articles linked above), then various Bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitors can be paired directly to your Apple Watch. When connected, an external sensor will be used automatically instead of the built-in sensor:

Use Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Examples of chest strap monitors that other users have reported having used successfully with Apple Watch include wahoo TICKR and Polar H7.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2017 8:23 AM in response to mgde

Hi

Apple Watch already has a built-in heart rate monitor, that takes readings continuously when recording workouts via the Workout app:

If you are unable to get reliable readings from the built-in sensor (which may occur for various reasons, as detailed in the support articles linked above), then various Bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitors can be paired directly to your Apple Watch. When connected, an external sensor will be used automatically instead of the built-in sensor:

Use Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Examples of chest strap monitors that other users have reported having used successfully with Apple Watch include wahoo TICKR and Polar H7.

Dec 28, 2017 8:41 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the reason I'm searching is that I'm not getting consistent reads with the watch. I did read the various articles about the bluetooth straps, but I didn't see one that syncs with and tracks directly to the "Activity" app, i.e. the Polar H7/H10 require a different app. Thanks for any insight!

Heart Rate Chest Strap with Activity App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.