Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Safari is infected with pop up malware

My iPad Safari browser is infected with a pop up ”Amazon” which has urls such as us.Paleontologists542el.xyz, eu.millimeter142ef.xyz, us.depersonalize49ui.xyz. It supposedly offers an Amazon gift card If you enter personal information. How can I get this off my iPad? It does a click-through redirection from my chosen websites. I believe it came from an email I inadvertently clicked on.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 1:03 PM

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Popups

1. Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the taskbar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.
  2. Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.
  3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
  4. If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2017 1:03 PM in response to john0145

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Popups

1. Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the taskbar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.
  2. Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.
  3. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
  4. If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPad Safari is infected with pop up malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.