Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.13.2 still not seeing my USB Schitt DAC

My Schitt Modi 2 DAC has gone away since upgrading to H.S. including the current version which claimed to fix the issue. Any work arounds?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 1:36 PM

10 replies

Jan 21, 2018 1:30 AM in response to PaulyV8556

No worries... I assume you have tried to power it off and on, even if it via the mains? I would try changing the USB port where it plugs in the iMac + power off and on + restart a few times. I am in the UK btw, so perhaps we have different models of the Modi 2. Also, sorry mine is actually the Modi 2 Uber which explains the presence of the metal switch!

User uploaded file

Jan 20, 2018 6:03 AM in response to PaulyV8556

Problem solved.... I literally switched the Modi 2 DAC OFF from the back i.e. the metal on and off switch next to where the USB cable goes in to the DAC. BOOM - It just showed up in "Sounds" in the OSX preferences and works now! 🙂

Note, I did change USB port it was plugged into in my iMac this morning and restarted. I wonder if that helped - not sure. It definitely didn't work UNTIL I switched it off and back on...... Who would have thought!!!! ....reminds me of the "Press 'any' key joke"... anyway hope this helps!

10.13.2 still not seeing my USB Schitt DAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.