Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an Apple TV in a blank white box (without any signs at all except for a black sticker on the back)

Hello,

I bought a refurbished Apple TV (4th gen. 64GB) not from an official apple reseller, it came in a white box (not even an apple logo!), it was wrapped in a normal foil without any signs. To be honest I didn't even knew that the apple TV would be refurbished, because it was "new" in the description and it was intendet for the US-plug (I didn't get any information about that either and I am from Europe) and I got an adapter (US - EU) for this. My questions are:

1. Are those blank white boxes (without anything on them, not even an apple logo) normal for refurbished apple products?

2. How about the warranty for such products? I only got a recepit from the seller I bought it for this.

3. Was this Apple TV refurbished by apple? It has a black sticker on the back with some numbers and the "A" category. What does the "A" category mean?

4. Are adapters safe for use? Because in the EU (except for the UK of course) the power outlet has 200-240 V whilest in the US it has 100-120 (or something like that) V.

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 12:10 AM

1. They would be in a white box but it would clearly be labeled

User uploaded file

2. An official refurb purchase would include the 1 year warranty. You can check the status of yours here Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

3. That is just the model number. As you bought it from an unofficial seller it's hard to say.

4. Yes

I never recommend buying from unofficial sellers as it can be risky, also if it has been modified in any way Apple will not support it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2017 12:10 AM in response to okime2

1. They would be in a white box but it would clearly be labeled

User uploaded file

2. An official refurb purchase would include the 1 year warranty. You can check the status of yours here Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

3. That is just the model number. As you bought it from an unofficial seller it's hard to say.

4. Yes

I never recommend buying from unofficial sellers as it can be risky, also if it has been modified in any way Apple will not support it.

I got an Apple TV in a blank white box (without any signs at all except for a black sticker on the back)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.