Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown app call argo popped up on my iPhone

I accidentally hit a pop up ad and when I went back to my homescreen an unknown app called Argo popped up. When I delete it, it just shows back up when I restart my phone. Is this a virus or malware?

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:02 AM

I think I may have figured it out because I was having the same issue and it was really driving me nuts! For my case after speaking with about 6 different Apple support advisors I spoke with an Senior advisor that walked me through some steps I wasn't doing before and even still he didn't find an answer to my problem but because of him I think I solved this headache of an issue.

What I did was go to my settings and iPhone storage to view a list of my applications. I saw "Argo" on that list and when I clicked it said the developer company was Netflix, Inc. I think Argo was the name of the company before Netflix. Anyways, what I ended up doing was re-downloading Netflix and once I did that I saw that the "Argo" app said "waiting" as if it were trying to download. Once the download was complete I no longer saw "Argo" it had become Netflix. I then went back to my iPhone storage settings and deleted Netflix from there and now there is no record of Netflix OR Argo, finally! I also restarted my phone by holding the power and middle button to make sure it wouldn't pop back up and it didn't.

I hope this was helpful, good luck! 🙂

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 10:02 AM in response to Dooby19

I think I may have figured it out because I was having the same issue and it was really driving me nuts! For my case after speaking with about 6 different Apple support advisors I spoke with an Senior advisor that walked me through some steps I wasn't doing before and even still he didn't find an answer to my problem but because of him I think I solved this headache of an issue.

What I did was go to my settings and iPhone storage to view a list of my applications. I saw "Argo" on that list and when I clicked it said the developer company was Netflix, Inc. I think Argo was the name of the company before Netflix. Anyways, what I ended up doing was re-downloading Netflix and once I did that I saw that the "Argo" app said "waiting" as if it were trying to download. Once the download was complete I no longer saw "Argo" it had become Netflix. I then went back to my iPhone storage settings and deleted Netflix from there and now there is no record of Netflix OR Argo, finally! I also restarted my phone by holding the power and middle button to make sure it wouldn't pop back up and it didn't.

I hope this was helpful, good luck! 🙂

Dec 29, 2017 2:07 AM in response to Dooby19

You could try other ways of deleting to see if that helps - https://www.macworld.com/article/2364290/ios/four-ways-to-delete-ios-apps.html

Failing that you can try Reset your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

But make sure that you have a recent back-up - some further advice - https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/reset-iphone-3296944/

unknown app call argo popped up on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.