Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print multiple 2x2 pictures

I used to be able to print multiple 2x2 pictures in one sheet from iPhoto by selecting the desired size and then selecting multiple prints per sheet. It used to be a very simple procedure, the software chose how many copies it could print based on the selected paper size, and I had my pictures printed in a breeze. I am not sure what changed in the software, but I realized today it does not work that way anymore.

I just spent a couple of hours trying to get several 2x2 pictures printed in one single 8x10 sheet in order not to waste my photo paper. It took me a long time to figure out how to trick the software by duplicating the pictures multiple times until I had 15 copies, then selecting them all, clicking on print and then selecting Custom size 2x2. The problem is, this is not a straight forward solution, as it used to be on previous versions of the software. I refuse to believe Apple has messed up by getting rid of what used to be a useful feature of iPhoto.

Is there any straight forward way I am not seeing?

I searched online assuming there would be a very simple, readily available procedure that would make me think "of course!" but all I found were outdated posts that explained it the way I used to do it several years ago, or silly options such as "drag and drop to desktop, open in preview and then print from there". This can not be Apple's vision on how we are supposed to print our passport pictures, there MUST be a better way! Please enlighten me!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 9:32 PM

9 replies

Jan 8, 2018 12:20 PM in response to Yer_Man

I usually used Photos but honestly I have not had the time to get rid of the iPhoto in my computer yet, so when I wasn't able to do what I wanted with Photos, I tried iPhoto because I new it used to allow to do what I wanted.

Anyway, I guess I need to put some time aside to put some order in my computer, get rid of old stuff and update software. Ill try the new version of Photos

Jan 8, 2018 12:29 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks, that's how I ended up doing it with my Photos 1.5, but it does not feel right, (a cheat to go around a software limitation) because then you need to take care of erasing all the duplicates unless you want to end up with an overflowing library. It feels like going back to flip phones after we have had smartphones for a while..... 😕

iPhoto used to offer this easy "print multiple passport photos on the same sheet" option ages ago, I can not believe they got rid of it. It seems to be a logic thing people would need to do often, right? Maybe Photos 3.0 has it back? We'll see

Jan 8, 2018 11:49 PM in response to Proegos

you need to take care of erasing all the duplicates unless you want to end up with an overflowing library.

Nope - you need to learn how photos works - duplicating a photo in Photos requires no additional space, it simply starts a new edit chain in the Photos database requiring no additional storage - you are thinking of an outdated file manager not a photo manager like Photos

LN

Print multiple 2x2 pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.