Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch OS 4.2 "Mute Reminders for Today" setting not available

User uploaded file

"Mute Reminders for Today" Option is not available in Watch App

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) Watch OS 4.2

iOS Version on my iPhone 7 11.2.1

Where this setting is available?

WATCH SERIES 3 (GPS) ALUM 42MM, iOS 11.2.1, null

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 9:43 AM

8 replies

Dec 29, 2017 10:32 AM in response to ronak.shah

The following steps may help:

• Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, to go: My Watch (tab) > Health.

If the setting for Wheelchair currently states "Not Set", then tap on Edit (upper-right) > tap on "Not Set" and change it to "No" (options are shown in the bottom area of the screen) > tap on Done (upper-right).

• Restart your Apple Watch (normally):

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Monitor performance after making any changes:

Keep in mind that a Stand reminder will not be issued until 10 minutes to the hour and only then if you have not yet recorded Stand credit within that hour and also not yet met that day's Stand goal.

Dec 29, 2017 10:24 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Ok Thanks for Reply, but again I have a question that today I didn't got any notification for Activity Reminders like Stand goal completions, Move Goal completions, I checked the settings and all of my toggles are on.I also restarted the apple watch 2 times but not getting any reminders

Whats wrong am I doing?? I want the activity reminders back.

Dec 30, 2017 6:30 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Checked every setting all seems to be good.The problem is I am not getting the notification for Goal Completions inspite the toggle for "Goal Notifications" being turned ON I am not getting notification for whether any of my goal Move, Stand or Exercise is completed.I get all other notifications perfectly fine but just the Goal Completions is off.

Any help?

Jan 4, 2018 6:17 PM in response to ronak.shah

Hi Ronak, you are not alone. Do you happen to have an Apple Watch Series 2 by chance? This issue popped up since Watch OS 4.2. Apple Support is aware of it and have had my watch in twice to look into it. My guess is software glitch.

I’d advise you call Apple Support and let them know. Hopefully 4.2.2 will fix this along with the wacky breathe reminders since 4.x

Jan 4, 2018 6:26 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Thx Jonathan, just checked and all is good there. Considering that Apple had me setup as new both phone and watch with latest software builds and they checked them both for issues I’d say it’s safe to assume it’s a bug with 4.2 affecting atleast watch Series 2 models (as everyone I’ve seen with this issue so far had a series 2)

Watch OS 4.2 "Mute Reminders for Today" setting not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.