Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all of my older photos are suddenly blurred???

All of my photos from 3+ months are now being shown as blurred.

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 7:00 AM

Hi,

Thank you for replying. When it won’t let me permanently change it because of my storage space. Also when I click on the photo I have no option to have full resolution, instead there’s just a permenant exclamation mark in the corner.

3 replies

Dec 30, 2017 7:19 AM in response to Lee-Anne1996

How much storage are the photos taking up in iCloud and how much storage is available for the photos on your iPhone?

If you have too many photos in iCloud, even optimize storage will not work any longer. Optimize Storage can reduce the storage required for your photos on the iPhone at most by the factor ten (based on the user experience reported here).

For example, if the photos on your iCloud account take up 50GB, you will need at least 5GB of storage for your photos on your iPhone, or you will only see exclamation points and not even optimized versions.

If you should have too many photos in iCloud, try to save them to a computer and free storage in iCloud Photo Library, so photos will be removed from your iPhone as well.

Dec 29, 2017 12:43 PM in response to Lee-Anne1996

You probably have your photos selected as "Optimize iPhone Storage." It is designed to not use as much storage on your phone. When you click on the photos, they should then show full resolution.

If you want to permanently change this, go to Settings > Photos > Download and Keep Originals.

This should download the full resolution of your photos.

Best of luck!

all of my older photos are suddenly blurred???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.