Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5C battery replacement.

Where is the replacement offer for the 5C battery? I have had random shutdowns and had the battery replaced last winter after apple confirming my battery was exhausted. It started happening again as the weather got cooler this year. Again, they say battery. A few weeks ago apple stop supporting the 5C then come out with a fix and leave those with operational iPhones (minus cold shutdowns) without a resolution. Is apple going to do something for those who still like their 5C or is android going to be the way to go

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 2:25 PM

NETTechLondon wrote:

Is apple going to do something for those who still like their 5C or is android going to be the way to go

No way anyone here would know any more than you do. Contact Apple Support and ask them. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here. Speculation about Apple policy is prohibited by the Terms of Service for the forum.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2017 2:25 PM in response to NETTechLondon

NETTechLondon wrote:

Is apple going to do something for those who still like their 5C or is android going to be the way to go

No way anyone here would know any more than you do. Contact Apple Support and ask them. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here. Speculation about Apple policy is prohibited by the Terms of Service for the forum.

Dec 29, 2017 9:01 PM in response to NETTechLondon

My dad uses the 5C, and his unit started to malfunction just like yours about 5 months ago. The Apple Store in his area told him that it is too difficult to replace the battery in the 5C, so for the price of replacing the battery, they gave him a "new" (a refurbished) 5C. I asked him how his phone is few days ago, and he says it still feels and works like a brand new phone. When his 5C goes "bad" again, it will be well overdue for him to get a newer model -- I mean he is on iOS 9; that's not safe anymore.

So, where is the replacement offer for 5C battery? Probably none. Is Apple going to do something for those who still like their 5C? You can ask your Apple Store to see if they will replace your phone for the price of the replacing the battery. Is Android the way to go? I think it is your best option, if Apple's policy upsets you.

iPhone 5C battery replacement.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.