Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime is being taken over by WhatsApp vide calls.

Whenever I make a FaceTime call, the call is taken over by WhatsApps video call. This has always happened from iOS 11- now I’m running beta 11.2.5 and problem still persists.

On the WhatsApp app there is not settings to make video calling a selection.

The same goes for FaceTime, I cannot choose FaceTime as a primary video caller.

I have tried all settings and I can’t find a solution other than manually switching from WhatsApp to FaceTime or deleting the WhatsApp application.

If it’s from text messages or from contacts, the call cannot made directly to FaceTime, it has to be selected and chosen. This is very very annoying.

Does anyone have a solution/ is experiencing this?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 7:54 AM

You obviously didn’t read the whole issue. Please don’t respond until you read it completely. This issue has been going on prior to my beta upgrade. I only mentioned my current beta software because people will ask what iOS I’m running on currently. And the issue was reported to the beta feedback already.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 7:54 AM in response to Michael Black

You obviously didn’t read the whole issue. Please don’t respond until you read it completely. This issue has been going on prior to my beta upgrade. I only mentioned my current beta software because people will ask what iOS I’m running on currently. And the issue was reported to the beta feedback already.

FaceTime is being taken over by WhatsApp vide calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.