Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I wash my hand with Apple Watch series 1 will it break?

Does Apple Watch series 1 break if I wash my hands

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 10:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2017 5:20 AM in response to Jacibjjjj446

Hi

Apple Watch Series 1 models are splash and water resistant, but they should not be worn when swimming or submerged in water at any other time.

The water resistance rating for Series 1 models means that you can, for example, wear and use your Apple Watch during exercise, in the rain and while washing your hands.

(Apple Watch Series 2 and 3 models have a higher level of water resistance. They can be worn, for example, when shallow water swimming and are also more resistant to water than other Apple Watch models during general daily use).

More information and detailed handling instructions, including for drying your Apple Watch, are provided here:

If I wash my hand with Apple Watch series 1 will it break?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.