Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared iCloud account problems

My husband and I have an iCloud account that we share, as I use very little of the Cloud. However, recently, all of the photos on his newer iPhone are now showing up on my iPhone. I do not have the storage he does, and I don't want his pics on my phone because I can't find my few pics among his MANY pics. Also, phone calls he makes are now showing up on my phone. This is a big problem for me too. What can we do to fix these problems but still share our iCloud space? Thank you!

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.1, other product: iPhone 6s iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 1:21 PM

reefocean wrote:

What can we do to fix these problems but still share our iCloud space? Thank you!

Family Sharing - Apple Support will provide you with a fix, and allow you to "share our iCloud space."

User uploaded file

5 replies

Dec 30, 2017 2:05 PM in response to LACAllen

LACAllen wrote:

Using 2 unique Apple IDs.

Yes, perhaps this excerpt from the previously linked article will clarify:

Learn more.

"Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud. If your family has purchase sharing turned on, music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers."

Clicking on that link leads to: Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support which states...

"Your Apple ID is the account you use to access all Apple services, including Family Sharing. Everyone in your family needs to join Family Sharing using their own Apple ID."

User uploaded file

Shared iCloud account problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.