Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to factory reset iPhone 7 plus

I try to format my iPhone 7 plus via with and without iTunes but unable to do so.

I try format it with iTunes, it keeps asking me to switch off "find my iPhone" and I try to turn off, there is an error message "there was an error connecting to iCloud".

Same thing happen when I try to format without iTunes.

Then I try to sign out from my iCloud, same error message is show.

I need to format it as there is no storage in my iPhone 7 plus even I deleted everything. I check with the service centre and they advise me to factory format my phone.

I can't believe that now I stuck in this situation, unable to use my phone to do anything.

please advise. please help me.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 11:51 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2017 2:32 AM in response to evelynu88

Hi

Turn iPhone off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on iPhone don't let go Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Later go to i books download ios 11 user guide &iPhone 7 guide both are free.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

unable to factory reset iPhone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.