Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 has changed the order of text messages that I receive. many times the text I receive shows up above a text already sent and received. how can I change it back to order it used to be?

My iphone 6 has changed the order of text messages that I receive. many times the text I receive shows up above a text already sent and received. how can I change it back to order it used to be?

Posted on Dec 31, 2017 6:06 AM

6 replies

Jan 2, 2018 11:04 AM in response to Bombero-1

Hey Bombero-1,
I can see from your post that your Messages appear out of chronological order on your iPhone 6. I can certainly understand wanting to appear in order as it did before. The good news is, this issue has been resolved with the recent iOS release 11.2.1. What I’d suggest first is to back up and update your device as explained in this link below and let see if this continues to appear out of order afterwards.
Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Cheers ​

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.